Friday, March 23, 2012

Montessori practical life activity

I have been lately looking into doing more practical life activities with my preschoolers. The reason why practical life activities are important is that they help children develop better focus, coordination, independence, and order. It helps them in the future to better concentrate on their school work and it creates calmer work environment. 

Here I had B pour small rocks from one container to another. I had these rocks in my house forever, waiting to be put to a good use! She loves playing with them. She transferred them really quickly but she asked to do it over and over again!

What you will need:

rocks (rice will work too)
spoon (we used ladle from the kids' kitchen)
2 containers (I like to use something the kids will find attractive)



B at work!



No comments:

Post a Comment